Big Skies Collaborator David Reiter to ‘Do’ our Inland Astro-Trail, 20-26 July 2018
Brisbane-based Big Skies Collaborator Dr David Reiter will travel south-eastern Australia’s Inland Astro-Trail (IAT) in late July 2018 to research his Big Skies project, Outer Space, Inner Thoughts. Along the way, he’ll meet local Skywriters, astronomers and the general public within our 700 Kilometre Array region to talk about his work and invite locals to participate in his Big Skies initiative.
David’s full itinerary here >>
More on our Inland Astro-Trail concept: presentation to National Australian Convention of Amateur Astronomers >>
Tamworth, Narrabri, Coonabarabran, Dubbo, Parkes, Condobolin and Bathurst
20-26 July 2018
Readings, Screenings, around-the-table Discussions
and (at Coonabarabran only) a visit to Mars and other planets with ‘Donna the Astronomer’
Booking details here
- Special guest and Big Skies Collaborator David Reiter’s award-winning interactive multimedia work My Planets Reunion: a fictive memoir
- Invitation to participate in David’s new online work, Outer Space, Inner Thoughts
- David’s new satiric novel Black Books Publishing
- More about our Skywriters Anthology to be published in 2019: contributing your own skystories
- Sharing skystories with Big Skies Collaborator, Merrill Findlay and the challenges they present us as writers (Merrill will discuss her own skystory-in-progress, ‘My Seven Sisters Dreaming’
- Visit Mars with Donna Burton (‘Donna the Astronomer’) after sunset via the historic Milroy Observatory (Coonanarabran gig only – Map to Milroy here)
David’s Media release with contact details
Co-hosts of our six gigs along the Inland Astro-Trail, July 2018, include the Skywriters Project, IP (Interactive Publications P/L), Inland Astro-Trail Inc., Milroy Observatory, Outback Writers Centre, Orana Arts, Arts OutWest, Tamworth Regional Astronomy Club, Narrabri Library, Macquarie Regional Library, Parkes Shire Council, and Bathurst Regional Library.
Friday 20 July – Tamworth (tbc)
Meeting with Tamworth Regional Astronomy Club
Saturday 21 July – Narrabri – 10.30 am
10.30 am, discussion about the Skywriters Anthology, a screening of David’s My Planets Reunion, readings from his recent novel, Black Books Publishing and book signings, Narrabri Library
Sunday 22 July – Coonabarabran – from 2.30 -7.00 pm
Special Skywriters event at Milroy Observatory with David Reiter, ‘Donna the Astronomer’ (Donna Burton, vice-president of Inland Astro-Trail Inc, and Merrill Findlay, with afternoon tea and light barbecue on dusk, plus a visit to Mars through the historic Milroy telescope. Map to Milroy Observatory >>
Wednesday 25 July – Condobolin
Visit to Wiradjuri Study Centre and Seven Sisters Ridge at Yarrabandai
Thursday 26 July – Bathurst – 12.30 p.m, BYO lunch
Lunchtime event – 12.30 – at Bathurst Library co-hosted with our partner organisation Arts OutWest. to meet local Skywriters with a discussion about David’s project, plus readings and screening of his interactive publications.
Page created 5 July 2018. Last updated 10 July 2018.